TASSP Summer Workshop
Austin Convention Center
June 12-14, 2013
Come Early! Stay Late!
From the kick-off celebration honoring our Texas Heroes to the Friday morning closing general session, you will not want to miss the TASSP Summer Workshop. This is a state-level workshop but it is recognized with national-level conferences because it is designed around two levels of commitment. The first commitment is to student success, and the second commitment is to offer training that enables and empowers the first through knowledgeable, focused, creative and passionate leadership. We believe that the principal and campus-level leadership team is the best-positioned leaders to ensure uninterrupted years of excellence in teaching for every student. To develop this well-trained team of instructional leaders, i.e., principals and assistant principals, both current and aspiring, TASSP offers a high-quality professional development program at the TASSP Summer Workshop.
Commit today. Take time to learn with and from your peers and from high-quality teachers who are leading the way in developing effective strategies for reaching all students. Investing in high-quality professional development is important to your ongoing call to be the instructional leader on your campus. Just as we expect our students to “show up” for class, on time and ready to learn, so must we as principals and assistant principals commit to our continuing education.
Please note on the registration form…No added fees for special or extended sessions.
TASSP removed the costs for special and extended sessions held during the Summer Workshop except for the catered events and for the golf tournament. Based on the recommendation from workshop attendees, you can register for the TASSP Summer Workshop and all sessions are open to you. TASSP values your participation and has made this adjustment to the registration costs so that you can spend less to learn more.
So, come early….stay late. It is together that we learn and lead secondary schools in Texas.
Make your hotel reservations and register today! We are excited about seeing you in June.
Special Events at the Summer Workshop
- Updated information regarding the 2013 Summer Workshop can be found on the www. tassp.org website, in the monthly TASSP e-notes, Summer Workshop brochure and the May News Highlights. Commit now! The pre-registration and housing deadlines are approaching on May 20,2013.
- Recognition of Principals of the Year, Assistant Principals of the Year, Retiring Principals, Past Presidents and the Eddie G. Bull Professional Development Scholarship Recipient will be held during the Jostens Night of the Stars Texas Heroes Awards Dinner on Tuesday, June 11, at the Hilton Austin at 6 p.m. All attendees are encouraged to participate in this celebration of outstanding leadership in middle and high schools across Texas. Award winners attend for free! Call Beverly Kauffmann for more information (512)443-2100 ext 223 or email email@example.com.
- The First-Time Attendee and New Member Session is scheduled at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 12, prior to the Grand Opening General Session in Room 11AB. During this session, attendees will hear presentations by the TASSP officers and staff regarding the services of the association and an overview of the workshop. Please indicate on your registration form if you plan to attend.
- A continental breakfast on Wednesday morning prior to the Grand Opening General Session will be provided by Herff-Jones on the meeting floor level at the Austin Convention Center. The breakfast will open at 7:30 a.m. The Grand Opening General Session starts at 8:15 a.m.
- A Grand Opening General Session sponsored by Horace Mann will kick off the TASSP Summer Workshop. The session starts at 8:15 a.m. in Ballroom D at the Austin Convention Center. Alan November is the keynote speaker.
- A continental breakfast on Thursday morning will be provided by Lead Your School on the meeting floor level at the Austin Convention Center. The breakfast will open at 7:30 a.m. The first session starts at 8:15 a.m. Take advantage of this FREE healthy start to a full day of learning about leadership.
- A post-conference session is being offered FREE to all conference attendees by Lead Your School on Friday, June 14, from 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the Austin Convention Center. Instructors for the sessions are E. Don Brown and Sean Cain. The value of this FREE training is $1,500.