TASSP 2017 SUMMER WORKSHOP
Be the Vision...
June 14 - 16, 2017 | Austin Convention Center | Austin, Texas
TASSP Member Fee: $245 | Non-Member fee: $445 (Early registration fee! Expires on May 21, 2017)
Why attend the TASSP Summer Workshop?
Don't miss the opportunity to grow professionally at the TASSP Summer Workshop!
Texas 85th Legislative Session is in session! Stay up-to-date!
This is a very busy season as the Texas 85th Legislative Session is working through education-related bills. For a list of BILLS TO WATCH, stay connected to the TASSP website. You can serve as a great resource to your legislators by sharing potential consequences, both negative and positive, for the students at your school.
TASSP encourages you to stay informed about proposed legislation, upcoming House Public Education Committee and Senate Education Committee meetings. There are many topics of interest to public educators under review and discussion during this legislative session.
Create an account with Texas Legislature Online. You can set alerts on the TLO website to make you aware of upcoming committee meetings. The House Public Education Committee and Senate Education Committee meetings are streamed online. Be the voice. Be the vision. You matter.
Nominations Open for TASSP Executive Board
Vacancy for TASSP Second Vice-President and Assistant State Coordinator: Click Here for information
Join TASSP - It's never too late to join TASSP! Join over 5,100 middle and high school principals and assistant principals in this organization.
To offer Texas principals and assistant principals a forum to explore the best practices in school administration with the ultimate goal of helping facilitate student learning. It is the intent of the organization that we honor our motto, "Above All, Students First," in all that we do.
• PRINCIPALS!!! Texas Education News: March 13, 2017 - The TEA survey that principals are required to complete for SBEC about the performance of first-year teachers and the effectiveness of ed-prep programs in preparing them to succeed in the classroom will be conducted from April 5 through June 15. Mark your calendars!
• SBOE approves streamlined science standards Click here
• TEA establishes #IAmTXEd website Click here
• TEA releases 2015-2016 Individual Graduation Committee data Click here
• 2016 Snapshot: School District Profiles now available on TEA website Click here
• SBOE gives preliminary approval to revised English and Spanish language arts and science standards Click here
• Student Success Initiative Certification Click here
• Statement of Commissioner Morath regarding public release of A-F work-in-progress report Click here